Toilet That's Difficult to Remove

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I've got a broken toilet that I'm looking to replace. The screws are really rusted and I can't get them out.
Should I just snap them off?

What else is involved in replacing a toilet?

----

Also, the only thing that works plumbing wise is my tub...and actually it doesn't really work that well. I've used Liquid Fire to try and clear the drain thee and it burned a hole next to the pipe entrance in the tub...which is why the water goes down. Otherwise it's all backed up.

I've had the park maintenance look at it and they said it was on my side--I own my own mobile home--not on their side that clog was at.

Before I've tried taking off the bathroom sink trap and putting down the snake but that didn't unclog it. Water does go down the bathroom sink but very slowly.

What else can I do to fix my issue/s?

Thanks in advanced for any helpful response.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
To remove a toilet with nuts or screws that won't come out, sometimes a hacksaw blade will but enough off for removal.

If snaking the bathroom sink drain after removing the p-trap doesn't help, check to see how clear it is from the stopper to the end that fits in the trap. Sometimes you will find a lot of hair there. You can take a stick and some paper and push it through, with the trap off of course and a bowl there to catch it.

If the drain on the tub has holes, it needs to be replaced.

Reach4

Reaction score
I would think a cutoff wheel in an angle grinder. Wear safety glasses. I am not a pro.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks