Need Help! Adding Shower to Basement Half - Drain and venting

Users who are viewing this thread

DeRun

Reaction score
Hi. Noobie here and thanks for the add!

I'm a DIYer and want to add a shower to the half bath in basement. Not sure how to add drain line and vent. Please see pic attached. Red arrows show toilet and sink drain direction under slab. The blue circle shows where the copper vent meets slab and green arrows are 2 possible directions I believe main sewer line runs.

Any advice on how and where to add shower drain line to this and meet code? Is the one copper vent connected to the sink and toilet drain lines under slab as a wet vent?

1960s ranch

Thanks for any help in advance!
-D

Attachments

• Snip & Sketch 5_25_2022 2_52_25 PM.png
    Snip & Sketch 5_25_2022 2_52_25 PM.png
    680.7 KB · Views: 200

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Make sure your sink is 2"pipe under the slab and tie onto that. As long as you run less than 8ft of pipe to the trap you won't need a vent for the shower.

DeRun

Reaction score
Make sure your sink is 2"pipe under the slab and tie onto that. As long as you run less than 8ft of pipe to the trap you won't need a vent for the shower.
Thanks, John! It appears to be a 1.5" from what I see above the slab. Is it easy to switch out to a 2"?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
You'd have to go back to where that 1.5"pipe ties into the branch and change it to 2". But that's just as easy as going back to the branch and tying in a new 2" for the shower.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks