What Color Is My Toilet? Wild Rose

Users who are viewing this thread

Whoodle

Reaction score
No, not the latest B2B self-help book. I have a Kohler Wellington and the plastic piece that connects the bolt-holes to the seat itself broke on one side. I'll remove/clean/glue/clamp this piece & see if that holds, otherwise I'll be back for advice on if/how I can replace that piece down the road a ways (hopefully).
But I swear to god, I cannot identify the color of my toilet, seat and/or pedestal sink, and it's driving me crazy!

And I'm a good web-searcher; I've hit every version of the Kohler Color Timeline, the Bemis color charts, Guillen's, etc. Then I found a photo of my exact toilet on an online plumbing-part site, and asked them what it was. They said it was an old Kohler stock-photo (attached to this post!), they didn't know what it was...and THEY contacted Kohler Cust. Service, and THEY didn't know.

We LOVE this retro-modern bathroom suite; it's in perfect shape, the color is ideal...I'd like to keep it running for many more years. So I will be sincerely appreciative if anyone here can give me the name and/or code for the color!! And if it helps, here is the mfg info that's stamped into the lid (formatted like the stamping):
W11
K 455 9
N9
408 8 8
Here's the toilet apic & the broken part of the seat. On my Surface, the color in the photo precisely matches what I have. THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN THROW MY WAY!
kohler-toilet-wellington-k3415.jpg

upload_2019-5-1_19-1-0.png

Whoodle

Reaction score
Thanks. i saw those samples, but none seem to have as much 'orange' or 'rust' as i see in my toilet and/or the photos I attached
Roussillon Red seems the closest, but looks to dark. Ditto with Sequoia. Terra Nueva seems too brown/not enough red or orange.

What is the mfg date...1988?

Peterson

Reaction score
kohler-toilet-wellington-k3415.jpg

This color is called Wild Rose. It's a dirty Pink/Brown/Mauve color that was very popular in the 80's into the mid 90's.

Whoodle

Reaction score
Thank you! Looks like Kohler still makes an elongated seat in that color, the K-4652-45 . Am I safe assuming that it the color itself hasn't changed over the years...that this new 'Wild Rose" will match what I have pretty well? It looks pretty darn 'rose' colored on their website...I'll try to get a sample from a dealer to compare with.

Of course, it's $205 (YIKES!), and I'm pretty sure that doesn't even have 'soft-closing' feature. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers...but they can be GLUERS, so I' think I'll still try that route, first. It's a powder room, not a 'daily driver', so to speak, so I can see if/how long the glue holds up.