Venting for Sink and Shower into Macerator

Users who are viewing this thread

csand

Reaction score
I'm adding a bathroom in a recently-enclosed garage. Instead of busting up the concrete and trenching to the septic tank, I'm feeding this into a macerating toilet, which I'll then tie into a nearby line that goes to the septic.

My question is about venting. I've roughed in a configuration, but I want to make sure the venting will work (specifically, if the sink vent can also serve as the shower vent in this case).

In the attached picture, could A serve as the vent for the sink (B) and shower (C)?

Some things to note (that hopefully won't distract):
  • All pipes are 2"
  • The macerating toilet (E) has its own vent system, so that's a different setup
  • Because everything has to drain down into the macerating tank, the shower base will be raised on a 2x6 or 2x8 platform
  • F and G point out the bottom sills of two walls that will go up (once I figure out the drain lines) to bring everything out 3-1/2" (to give me space to run the plumbing without chopping up the load-bearing exterior walls and to give more room to work.
  • Ignore the mis-fitting joint at D. I got a 2" x 1-1/2" by mistake and will get the right part later.
  • The green bars at H and I represent the walls that will be built - this is a corner shower.
So, would the vent at A allow the shower to drain properly?

Thanks!
Bathroom Drainage.jpg

Asktom

Reaction score
The trap arm between the shower (C) and the vent (D) cannot step down the way you show it because it creates an "S" trap.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks