Discharge from Saniflo Macerator pump

Users who are viewing this thread

kmerlina98

Reaction score
Windsor Township, York County, Pennsylvania
I am adding a full bath in my basement and chose the Saniflo Saniaccess 3 to do this. I am planning out all of the plumbing. When routing the discharge from the pump, would I be able to tie into a 2in drain that connects to my kitchen drain? Currently, my kitchen drain comes down vertically into a sanitary tee with a cleanout, comes over 8' in 2in cast iron pipe, which then drains into the main horizontal 4in stack. I would be changing over from all cast iron to PVC with a fernco, but otherwise keep everything the same. For the macerator discharge I would add a wye fitting after the kitchen drains into the horizontal pipe. I have not had any luck searching plumbing codes.

Also, with venting, the unit came with a connection for 1.5in pvc. Would I be able to use 1.5in to vent the sink and shower as well? This would all join together and run through the wall to the outside.

Finally, I had to go with a 1.5in trap for the shower since I was only able to raise it up the minimum requirement for the Saniaccess 3 to maintain headroom. It is a small shower with only a 2 gpm shower head. Other than code, is there a problem using a 1.5in drain for the shower?

Thank you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks