shower drain vent and p trap installation

Users who are viewing this thread

jdelhorbe

Reaction score
I am installing a new walkin shower, it will have a low flow shower head, the drain pipe is 1 1/2 inch. I have attached some pics of my p trap and vent set up. Need help to verify it is up to code. If its up to code I will install it.

I am in Roanoke Virginia and have called 12 plumbers to install the shower drain, 9 did not answer after I left a message, 2 came out but never called back. I will keep trying to get a plumber but the prospects do not look good. Any help you can give on my install will help me get this done myself.

Attachments

• pipe1a.jpg
    pipe1a.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 105
  • pipe2a.jpg
    pipe2a.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 106
  • pipe3a.jpg
    pipe3a.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 97
  • pipe4a.jpg
    pipe4a.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 100
  • pipe5a.jpg
    pipe5a.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 112
  • pipe6a.jpg
    pipe6a.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 97
  • pipe7a.jpg
    pipe7a.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 100

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Did you do this work or this is old stuff getting removed I dont know where a shower is wanted. what you have now wont pass inspection

jdelhorbe

Reaction score
Did you do this work or this is old stuff getting removed I dont know where a shower is wanted. what you have now wont pass inspection
This is new stuff not glued in and can be moved or changed. The shower drain will go where the rag is stuffed in the pvc pipe sticking straight up. Thanks for the reply.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Id try to move the santee thet trap connects to . under a wall , perhaps just downstream of the wye so my vent could rise vertcaly , and abandon the horisontal vent with vent 90s below flood rim of the shower for best performance and meeting code

jdelhorbe

Reaction score
Id try to move the santee thet trap connects to . under a wall , perhaps just downstream of the wye so my vent could rise vertcaly , and abandon the horisontal vent with vent 90s below flood rim of the shower for best performance and meeting code
I will see if I can do this, thanks, i will get back to you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks