Question on P Trap and Tail Piece

Users who are viewing this thread

VirginiaGuy

Reaction score
IMG_7024.jpeg
Hey!

Remodeling my bathroom. My wife bought a vanity with open faced cabinets, so I’m trying to keep the P trap out of the way as much as possible so we don’t lose shelf space for storage, and for aesthetics.

My only question is, is there a minimum height between the bottom of the sink basin/top of tail piece to the P trap? Didnt know if there was a mandatory height in there to make sure the water has enough velocity to push through the trap.

Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
There no restriction on that. There is a maximum tailpiece length, but no minimum.

Consider posting a photo of how this works out, and identify how far above the floor your trap adapter goes.

If you want to make things a lot more challenging for yourself, show your wife bottle traps.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks