Laundry drain relocation and sink addition

Users who are viewing this thread

jpa

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm starting a laundry room remodel and am looking for someone to check my work before I go any further. This is a second-floor laundry room.

I am relocating the laundry drain about 4' from its previous location and I am adding a sink. I've attached a drawing of what I think I need to do.

Two things:

First, does this drawing look correct with respect to plumbing codes? I'm in Ohio which I believe is IPC. I tried my best to make everything in the drawing to-scale. Note that my plan is for the sink drain pipe to be 1.5" and the laundry drain and vent to be 2".

Second, I'm not super familiar with plumbing lingo, so I don't know what fittings I need where. I know I need some san-tees and maybe a wye for the vent, but if anyone knows what specifically to call any of the fittings (I've marked ones in the drawing with letters A-E) please do tell. I probably can figure it out regardless but would appreciate any expert advice I can get.

Much appreciated!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240114-212824.png
    Screenshot_20240114-212824.png
    161 KB · Views: 68

jpa

Reaction score
After some more reading, I think I've settled on this new design, which solves one main problem of my original design as I see it: the vent for sink was below weir level of the sink trap (not pictured).

In this new design, I've let the laundry tray (aka, sink) share a trap with the washing machine in accordance with section 802.4.3.1 of the 2018 IPC, which fixes the venting problem and simplifies things greatly.

Thoughts, anyone? Would love to hear feedback, good or bad.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240115-235827.png
    Screenshot_20240115-235827.png
    109.2 KB · Views: 65
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks