Macerator, sink, laundry and cleanout fittings on a vertical vent

Users who are viewing this thread

patryk

Reaction score
Hi. I am building a half bath in my garage. There is an existing 2" plumbing already from a stand-alone shower (underground branch) and laundry (vent pipe), I just need to redo the plumbing. Since the vertical vent is burried inside concrete wall, and horizontal drain is under slab, my options are limited. Another issue is that there is a sink on the other side of the concrete wall.

I need to fit a wye for a macerator, tee for sink and washer stand pipe and a cleanout in the vertical vent. I dont want to add 4 fittings since I would break too much wall. Also, the max height is limited so I need to plan the best layout.

Which of these is the way to go? Starting from the bottom fitting.

- wye for macerators waste
- double sanitary tee (or double fixture tee, if allowed in Florida) for washing machine and sink
- cleanout
received_960756995508019.jpeg

- sanitary tee for washing machine
- double sanitary tee (or double fixture tee, if allowed in Florida) for sink and cleanout
received_7546473255434910.jpeg

- sanitary tee for washing machine (with a separate vent)
- sanitary tee for sink
- cleanout
received_417256521081533.jpeg

A side question, since this is a 2" drain line all the way to the other side of the house where is transitions into a 4". Is a washing machine still allowed if I am doing any alterations? Or 3" is requires and I would not be able to have a laundry in that area if I change anything?

GReynolds929

Reaction score
Didn't like the answers you got in your other post about this?

Edit: I see that you're now also asking about add other fixtures, but you should have asked in your other thread and not started a new one. This way makes it more confusing.

Last edited:

patryk

Reaction score
I didn't want to create confusion, since I am coming up with new ideas and questions.

I will add a vent stack for these fixtures and tie the sink, from the room on the other side of the wall, into the main vent. This seems to be the best option and the least demolition.
Notes_240426_102742.jpg

I am still not sure if I can have the washing machine here at all if it's a 2" drain.

patryk

Reaction score
Just wanted to confirm if the right way of doing this. I want to add the vent stack into main vent (inside concrete wall) so that I do not have to open up the wall too much and avoid short 90's.

Should I use a Wye and a 45 fitting for the bottom of the stack, or a Sanitary Tee and 90 fitting?

20240428_171029.jpg

I would really appreciate your help since I cannot find the answer. To add I am located in Florida, where IPC 2020 is valid.

patryk

Reaction score
I am having a bit of an issue adding a fitting in that vertical pipe. It is burried in concrete and there is a copper water line sitting right behind the ABS pipe.

There was an old san-tee in the spot so someone probably patched the hole with concrete. I had to be really careful while cutting the old tee out and removing the cement around it.

Now I am not sure how to fit the wye in there since there is no room to wiggle the ABS so that I could fit the wye to the bottom and add a fernco from the top. Also, I wont be able to slide 2 couplings, from the bottom and fron the top, due to the copper pipe being too close, plus not having enough room from the bottom to slide the fernco before fitting the wye. Can't use a fernco thats soft enough to fold it before fitting the wye and then unfolding it, due to the copper pipe...

Do you know of any tricks to add a tee when an ABS is sitting tight and having little room around it and below?

received_1180574373297874.jpeg

patryk

Reaction score
Also, can I use a no hub such as Proflex which has a shield and 2 bands, or do I need a no arc with 3-4 bands. Also, I won't be able to use the coupling with a stop in the center, due to the copper line in the back.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks