planning to install a laundry sink in the 1st floor laundry room.

Users who are viewing this thread

elhrisse

Reaction score
hello, I'm hoping someone can provide an advise on what I'm trying to do.

apologies in advance for my 3 years old drawing skills :)

I'm planning to install a laundry sink in the 1st floor laundry room. the sink will be in the opposite wall of the laundry drain. I don't have the option to tap into the laundry vent. and I don't think the code in my area ( Bolingbrook- will county, Illinois) allows mechanical vents.

Option 1:
1- install 1 1/2" drain pipe and connect to the basement 2inch washing machine line drain.
2- install 1 1/2" vent pipe and connect to the ejector pump vent pipe ( other fixtures are connected to this vent as well). The ejection pump vent goes thru the house roof.
3- connect - Loop both the drain and vent pipes together right under the sink. The drain inlet will be roughly about 4-5" bellow the loop.

option 2:
install a 2" pipe and use as drain / wet vent - connect to exiting basement 2" plumbing line.

2 questions:
1- Are any the 2 options Is acceptable setup? code wise, etc..
2- will it work?
3- if no for both questions, any other suggestions?

Thank you in advance for the help.

pix1.jpg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
your code allows a 1 1/2 drain to a utility sink? Id need to know and not think the code prohibits AAV , befor doing an Island vent. our islands require more than a simple loop it has a seperate vent going out or tied to another