Cover p-trap hole

Users who are viewing this thread

Brian2147

Reaction score
Suggestions how to close up a hole under the sink made for a p-trap. What do people usually do I suppose you could leave it cut a of thin piece wood or plastic that makes it more aesthetic and easy to remove for snaking. I’ve always lucked out and never had to cut through the shelf.

Reach4

Reaction score
Suggestions how to close up a hole under the sink made for a p-trap. What do people usually do I suppose you could leave it cut a of thin piece wood or plastic that makes it more aesthetic and easy to remove for snaking. I’ve always lucked out and never had to cut through the shelf.
Do you have a 1.5 inch trap adapter there?

If so, the Sioux Chief QuickPlug is made for the purpose.

Reach4

Reaction score
Thanks, I meant the square (I’ve seen really cockeyed cuts or break it off to fit) in the shelf for a p-trap/pipes fit
A photo may clarify your situation.

If you are talking about the inside back of the cabinet, I used composite flooring to make a new back for the inside of a bathroom vanity. Or perhaps you are talking about the floor of the cabinet. In that case, you could put the interlocking pieces down, and let gravity, plus the interlocking, keep them in place.

Last edited:

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Allow me to translate:

The OP has a vanity with a fixed or removable shelf, at an elevation that the p-trap interferes with it, and the shelf has been cut away to allow clearance for the p-trap. The cut is perhaps poorly executed. Any suggestions for making a shelf like that look better?

Cheers, Wayne

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
First time I had to install a vanity with the raised height. I wound up cutting the lower part, and yes, the second time I did one I realized that the cut could be made smaller.

low-p-trap-cut-1.jpg

And here was a cabinet picture posted that at least gave some room.

index.php

Actually that had problems with this one too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks