Bath group venting and drain

Users who are viewing this thread

itsfaygopop

Reaction score
I want to make sure that I set up my bath group correctly. It's 100 year old home, everything is tight and the floor space and joist spacing under the bathgroup is tight.

Double sink vent is 1-1/2" Tub and toilet is 2". They later into a 3" that terminate at the roof.

My sketchup skills are poor so some things might look odd because of that. Thanks and I'm sorry if this is a poor setup.

toilet.jpg
toilet1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The tub drain is 2" and can have a 1.5" vent and trap
The double lav is 2" up to the double fixture fitting, then 1.5 for the traps and vents.
The toilet vent is 2"

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
So the part with the two stacked openings is the bathtub waste and overflow? Your rendering works to dry vent each of the WC, tub, and the double lav.

If you haven't built it yet, you could omit the separate WC vent and let the tub wet vent the WC. Assuming no obstructions, that would let you turn the closet bend 45 degrees and change the horizontal LT90 into a 45.

Cheers, Wayne

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
The tub drain is 2" and can have a 1.5" vent and trap
The double lav is 2" up to the double fixture fitting, then 1.5 for the traps and vents.
The toilet vent is 2"
Those are the UPC minimum sizes. The IPC allows all of those to be 1.5".

Cheers, Wayne

itsfaygopop

Reaction score
Wayne, is this what you are saying? I had thought the WV had to be the last fixture on the drain. If not that might actually solve some headaches.
BTW, my area uses IPC but I figured I'd go with 2" vents anyway.

toilet3.PNG

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Wayne, is this what you are saying?
Yes.

I had thought the WV had to be the last fixture on the drain.
I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you mean WC instead of WV, then there's a UPC rule (not an IPC rule) that if multiple fixtures are being wet vented in a bathroom group, the WC has to be the last wet vented fixture. Even if that applied to you, in the above there is only one wet vented fixture, the WC, so not an issue.

Cheers, Wayne

itsfaygopop

Reaction score
Yes.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. If you mean WC instead of WV, then there's a UPC rule (not an IPC rule) that if multiple fixtures are being wet vented in a bathroom group, the WC has to be the last wet vented fixture. Even if that applied to you, in the above there is only one wet vented fixture, the WC, so not an issue.

Cheers, Wayne
Yes, WC, I fat fingered and typed WV. I see now, thank you so much for the help and clarification!