45 PVC elbow vent only?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kevin71246

Reaction score
I see tons of questions about a 90 being vent only (short sweep), but can't find anything about a 45.

Is there a 45 elbow that's for a vent only, and not drain? In the attached screenshot, I'm wondering if the bottom 2 are for vent only? If not, what's the difference between the top 2 and the bottom 2? It seems the bottom 2 has more glueing surface which I prefer but not sure if I can use it. I'm in Chicago burbs btw.

Thanks all!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180321-102343.png
    Screenshot_20180321-102343.png
    157 KB · Views: 327

Reach4

Reaction score
Last edited:

Kevin71246

Reaction score
DWV also means they have "radius" turns. Sch 40 fittings have "sharp" angle turns.

HJ, does your comment mean the bottom 2 "sch 40" fittings, being "sharp" turns, should not be used for drain? If so, what can they be used for? Only supply & vent? Thanks!

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
HJ, does your comment mean the bottom 2 "sch 40" fittings, being "sharp" turns, should not be used for drain? If so, what can they be used for? Only supply & vent? Thanks!

The bottom fittings are intended for use in supply lines, as in cold water supply from the curb stop or to an outbuilding. They would not nornally be used inside a structure.