Water not flowing once I put the trap part on the sink pipes, help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Diego

Reaction score
I live in an apartment and I really would like to not call my landlord for this problem. Days ago the sink began to drain water very slowly, until yesterday it kinda stopped draining it. I tried lots of grease cleaners, removed all pipes and cleaned them and they dont seem like the problem. When I put water to the last pipe that goes into the wall (pic 1) it goes away fast, but when I put the trap part (pic 2, I think thats what it is, but I have only searched some hours online) and I put water it blocks. Even when I put it all together the water wont drain. It is a single sink and the pipes are also connected to the dishwasher.

Attachments

• IMG_20190719_135010.jpg
    IMG_20190719_135010.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_20190719_135821.jpg
    IMG_20190719_135821.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 263

Reach4

Reaction score
When I put water to the last pipe that goes into the wall (pic 1) it goes away fast, but when I put the trap part (pic 2, I think thats what it is, but I have only searched some hours online) and I put water it blocks.

I think you are saying that when you use hose C to insert water into A or B as a test, the water backs up, and spills into the orange tub. Is that correct?
img_3.jpg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Need to call the landlord. Nothing that you did is wrong and only proved that the block is in the wall or main drain somewhere.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks