Tank to bowl rubber spacers/bushings/shims - where to buy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Frankpc

Reaction score
Toilet had three(?) rubber spacers (bushings or shims?) between the bowl and the tank. There are two along the front edge of the tank and maybe just one on the back edge in the middle. The two spacers on the front edge are still there. But the one (or two) along the back edge have broken and fallen out.

I've searched for replacements but cannot find any. Does anyone know where they might be sold?

They are rubber and about an inch or so long. About 1/4" thick but they are contoured to stay in place along the front and rear edges of the tank. Brand of toilet seems to be 'Vitra' and is probably 12 or 15 years old.

Tank wobbles now and the tank to bowl screws are loose without the rear spacer(s). No leaks yet.

Thank you.

Frankpc

Reaction score
Is this a Kohler toilet?
I believe it is a "VitrA"

I attached three photos. One showing the brand name and two showing the rubber shims.

Thank you for the help! I've searched everywhere I know to search for these rubber supports

shims.jpg
VitrA.jpg
Shims Closer.jpg

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I believe it is a "VitrA"

I attached three photos. One showing the brand name and two showing the rubber shims.

Thank you for the help! I've searched everywhere I know to search for these rubber supports
Gerber comes with at least one rubber support. I think Kohler has them integrated into thr tank to bowl gasket. That's why I asked.

Otherwise I think anything similar cut to size would work for you.

Frankpc

Reaction score
OK. Thanks. Per your comment, I did a search on Gerber parts and I found some similar shims in a repair kit, I've attached the photo. I have some rubber toilet leveling wedges that I bought before realizing they were rubber. Maybe they will work for the shims.

Thank you for your time!!

gerber-99-537-tank-bowl-kit.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks