No water to toilet that had been working for over a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Mattsplumbing

Reaction score
The toilet now has no water. Removed supply stop, and there is no water at stub out. 1/2” PEX. Every other fixture has water. The toilet is in the top story of the apartment. We tried pressurized the line with air, but nothing happened. It has been hot recently, though that may have no effect on the situation. Is it possible that the line is kinked or blocked from construction? Thanks for any responses!

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
The toilet now has no water. Removed supply stop, and there is no water at stub out. 1/2” pex. Every other fixture has water. The toilet is in the top story of the apartment. We tried pressurized the line with air, but nothing happened. It has been hot recently, though that may have no effect on the situation. Is it possible that the line is kinked or blocked from construction? Thanks for any responses!
Got any back story on when this happend? You actually took the valve off?

Mattsplumbing

Reaction score
No back story. Was told that it happened about a week ago. Its been pretty warm recently, 90-100 F. Yes, i shut the water off to the unit, removed the stop and slowly turned the water back on. Nothing. Using an air compressor, I then blew air back up the pipe, hoping to dislodge anything that could be blocking it. (With the water back off and pressure drained.) Didn’t work.

My only thought now is to cut open wall and supply toilet with water from the lav, which is right next to it and has water, then cap the toilet supply pipe.

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
No back story. Was told that it happened about a week ago. Its been pretty warm recently, 90-100 F. Yes, i shut the water off to the unit, removed the stop and slowly turned the water back on. Nothing. Using an air compressor, I then blew air back up the pipe, hoping to dislodge anything that could be blocking it. (With the water back off and pressure drained.) Didn’t work.

My only thought now is to cut open wall and supply toilet with water from the lav, which is right next to it and has water, then cap the toilet supply pipe.
If pex is bent to sharp it can kink. I've drilled a hole in the sink cabinet and just ran the toilet to under the sink. No drywall cutting.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It does sound like a line got kinked unless there's another valve or manifold somewhere that is either blocked or that branch is shut off. If the line was cut, you'd have a flood, and would probably have noticed pretty quickly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks