New to me take on a Monoflo system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Glennhvac

Reaction score
Was at a house for routine boiler fall check and saw this piping arrangement through out the basement. Took awhile before it dawned on me that they were using a choked down section of pipe between each tee to achieve what Monoflo tees typically are used for. Tee on right is supply, left side is return.
49086918721_996e5f5b18_o.jpg

Last edited:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I ran into that on a job too.. But I didn't know anything about hydronics at the time either and somehow managed to get my hands on some monoflow tees and installed them properly.

Fitter30

Reaction score
1940's house by chance? Monoflow system tees don't all look the same. Some just use a orfice plate in a union between tees on a gravity system. There tons of info on these systems when energy was cheap, way before computers and manufacturing processes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks