Mixet volume knob turns temperature knob

Users who are viewing this thread

Fil

Reaction score
I replaced the mixet cartridge in my shower in my house that was built in mid to late 1980s. However when I turn the outer volume knob either clockwise or counterclockwise to turn on the water, or to shut it off, it grabs the temperature knob at the same time and spins it. So the only way to really turn the water on and off is to hold the temperature knob with one hand while I’m turning the volume knob. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_1573.jpeg
    IMG_1573.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 21

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Dang Ive worked quite a few of mixets I cant remember the tricks . i know there are 2 diferant cartridges a long and a short . I also know I had this problem the handels rubbing each other I think cant remember the fix

ok disregard the above I was racking my brain and you tubed it a bunch of worth less videos but one good one try this its guatranteed because I too had the issue You tube " how to installa Mixet valve properly" its by monsterelkguy guaranteed its your problem this will keep your handles from binding up against each other !!!

Reactions: Fil

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
what a coincedence hadent messed with mixet for a year or more and a guy called me to service 2 around 10 am today foillowed that video i referanced you and no problems !

Reactions: Fil

Fil

Reaction score
Dang Ive worked quite a few of mixets I cant remember the tricks . i know there are 2 diferant cartridges a long and a short . I also know I had this problem the handels rubbing each other I think cant remember the fix

ok disregard the above I was racking my brain and you tubed it a bunch of worth less videos but one good one try this its guatranteed because I too had the issue You tube " how to installa Mixet valve properly" its by monsterelkguy guaranteed its your problem this will keep your handles from binding up against each other !!!
I did watch his video before and I think I tried that with the last cartridge and it didn’t work. I guess it’s worth trying again. On the previous cartridge, also, the plastic got chewed up where the back end of the cartridge has the other piece of plastic that goes into it. Where it enters the channel or Hollow area of plastic is where it got chewed up.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
your complaint is that when turning off or on the water is it turns the temp control lever. it sure sounds like you have too many threads sticking out when you screw the end on which causes the 2 handles to jam against each other . I did 2 of them friday with no issue . plastic chewed up ? not sure why that happened

GReynolds929

Reaction score
Make sure you have the right cartridge. There are 2 different ones depending on the year of manufacture.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks