Master Bathroom sinks drain slowly, backup

Users who are viewing this thread

MichaelD

Reaction score
The sinks in the master drain normally at first, but I suspect that's just the pipes filling. Then the draining slows terribly. Next it begins backing up into the other sink. (We have his and hers, but it doesn't matter which you run, it fills into the other.)

None of the other drains have this trouble. The master shower and toilet have no effect and drain normally.

I discovered this last week, but we've only lived in the house a month. It is possible it was there all along, but I don't think so. We run both sinks at the same time often enough I would have seen it I think. And my inspector didn't mention it.

What is likely wrong here? How would I go about fixing it.

Reach4

Reaction score
Let me guess... You are on a slab.

Get the drain pipe in the wall rodded downward. There is a good chance that the blockage is mainly where the pipe turns from vertical to horizontal, which is probably in the slab.

Last edited:

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
The reason why the water comes up in the other sink is that you have a clog down the line. You need a snake drain cleaner.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks