Fitting type for vertical macerator waste downwards

Users who are viewing this thread

patryk

Reaction score
Hello. I am installing a Saniaccess2 macerating unit for a toilet to drain waste into a 2" pipe. I am just not sure about the fitting that should be used when Saniflo is draining into a vertical vent pipe. Unfortunately the codes IPC codes (Florida) do not address this type of drainage and the building department advised to contact the manufacturer.
It would not need to upflush the waste since it would be used on ground floor in garage bathroom, I just need it for it's macerating funtion due to having a 2" drain pipe.
I assume it's better to use a 1" waste line, instead of the box included 3/4", from the macerator to decrease the pressure (the waste line would be 3' long), then it will connect to the 2" vertical stack with a reducer.

Could you please advise if the fitting should be a wye or a sanitary tee, where macerator drains into the vertical pipe?

I've attached a plumbing sketch for reference and circled the fitting that is in ques
20240422_132735.jpg
tion.

patryk

Reaction score
Thank you.
I am just wondering If it won't create too much stress with a wye, it the waste will blast with 17 PSI.

Also, would you put a cleanout below the wye or above it (below stand pipe's sanitary tee)?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
A wye is the perfect and most desireable fitting . Look it up in manual or call saniflo. the clean out Id put above the san tee for the lav or sink assuming its asteticaly aceptable

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks