IPC section 913 Waste stack vent question

Users who are viewing this thread

Giblets

Reaction score
So it says the that the waste stack can not be offset between the lower and upper most fixtures and must remain vertical. My question is does this also apples to 46 degree offsets? Typically in IPC a 45 degree from vertical offset is still considered vertical as far as the system is concerned, say when running dry vents to get above flood plane, but I wondered if water stack venting has different rules in place. Any help is much appreciated

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Typically 45 degrees is the cut off between vertically and Horizontal in my world as well.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
IPC 913 is not a section I'm particularly familiar with, but 913.2 says:

"The waste stack shall be vertical, and both horizontal and vertical offsets shall be prohibited . . ."

I reckon the prohibition on both horizontal and vertical offsets covers all possible types of offset. The waste stack (between the top and bottom fixtures) would need to be a straight line.

[Of course, that doesn't say that it has to be plumb, a straight stack that's 0-45 degrees off plumb would still satisfy the language and definitions. But significantly off plumb would be weird.]

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks