Generic Resin Tank with a Culligan Control Head

Users who are viewing this thread

BrettC

Reaction score
I have a Culligan Gold Series Water Softener system. My resin tank (9x48) was leaking and I bought a generic replacement.

Of course, the resin tank adapter/coupler (which sits between the tank and the control head) has a different thread size (propriety to Culligan) than the generic tank thread. Both the tank and adapter are 2.5", just different threads.
Note: the adapter screws into tank. The control head slides (no threads) into the adapter and is attached using a flange clamp.

Does anyone make an adapter that allows a generic tank with standard pipe threads to fit a culligan control head? If not, any other solutions out there besides getting a new control head?

I have seen an adapter that allows culligan resin tanks to be used with Fleck control heads, but not the opposite- generic tanks with a culligan control head.

Thank you.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Never seen one. Definitely time to get a new control head. You may want to return the tank as the 9x48 is fairly small for most applications. A system that is 50% larger usually only adds a a hundred bucks or so to the cost.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks