What to do at junction of drain and ejector pit?

Users who are viewing this thread

hhcibtpaun

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

So, I am getting ready to pour the concrete to seal up my floor (in the basement). Before doing that I just wondered what the junction of the drain and the ejector pit should look like.

What I did is this. The pit (it is a structural foam one) has a 4" hole in the side. It came with a rubber bushing. I am using a 3" drain pipe, so I bought a bushing to bump the end of the pipe up to 4". I installed the bushing to the pit dry, then used some plumbers grease on the inside, so I could slide the bushed end of my pipe in. Since the pipe has some pitch to it, it goes in crooked but it goes completely through. The bottom of the hole is about 16" from the bottom of the pit.

I plan on user a Zoeller 267 pump, which turns on at 12" and shuts off at 4". I am assuming everything I have done is OK? Do I need to protect any of the seals from the concrete or stone? Any other sealing required?

I just wanted a final sanity check before the concrete flows.

Here are some pics:

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

Comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks...Mike

hhcibtpaun

Reaction score
Nice....Thank you. I had a worry for a second that I needed to put something between the gasket and the pit itself....

Thanks again for the quick response.

Mike

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks