Water Pressure for Customer

Users who are viewing this thread

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm looking for help with a customer that I'm providing a remodel bid through a general contractor. Separately but while we were looking over their primary bathroom project the subject of water pressure came up. My gauge indicated that they have between 20-50psi that comes from a private water system that the county took ownership of. They live near the top of one of the mountains we refer to in the area as the Issaquah Alps.

They have had a system set up in their home that was apparently cobbled together over the years that is slowly failing. They have several irrigation systems/zones that use 12gpm in conjunction with their home needs.

They had this design that they sent to me which I don't know who or how it was designed. I Know nothing about creating water pressure.
Allison Fukai Water Pressure.jpg

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
check valve, jet pump, PK1A.jpg

This is all you need. It is just a matter of sizing the pump to match the irrigation demands. The Cycle Stop Valve or PK1A will take care of the house and any other uses as well as handle the irrigation.

This is why the Cycle Stop Valve is considered a disruptive product. It eliminates the need for all those extra pieces as well as the engineering to make sure all that stuff works. The simplicity of the Cycle Stop Valve will make the pump system work better, cost less, deliver stronger constant pressure to the taps, and make everything last longer. The engineer who dreamed all that other stuff up is not going to like it. Lol!

A pump like the Goulds J15S will put out twice as much as needed. It would be able to run 50 PSI to two of those 12 GPM zones at the same time. OR, the Cycle Stop Valve that controls it will make it pump as little as 1 GPM for smaller demands.

Check valves can be found anywhere, and here is the PK1A you need to make it all work.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think they already had a pump and a pressure tank that had failed. They have a huge mess of 2" pvc piping all throughout their basement area.

I'll look into the CSV and pump to see which makes sense for them. They said their irrigation uses 12gpm... but people always say stuff then remember later that its double or half of what they said.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I think they already had a pump and a pressure tank that had failed. They have a huge mess of 2" pvc piping all throughout their basement area.

I'll look into the CSV and pump to see which makes sense for them. They said their irrigation uses 12gpm... but people always say stuff then remember later that its double or half of what they said.
Without a Cycle Stop Valve the old jet pump and pressure tank can deliver dismal pressure and cycle itself to death in short order. WITH a Cycle Stop Valve cycling is eliminated, making a jet pump last a long time and deliver strong constant pressure at any flow rate needed.

I suggested a 25 GPM pump because it sounded like they don't really know what they need. I just doubled up on pump size since a Cycle Stop Valve will let you do that and still make the pump work like a small pump when needed.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I actually randomly ran across the owner of the general contractor yesterday while walking my dog and she said she would ask the customer for some more detailed details of their usage. However the 12gpm he blurted out will likely be true, he seemed like he's spent a bit of time thinking about this system.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Here is a chart for a Rainbird rotor. On their site all sprinklers have a chart. As you can see, pressure plays a big part on the waterflow. This is just to get a handle on what the irrigation system is using.

1685652410463.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks