Washing machine drain line vent question

Users who are viewing this thread

Brayburn

Reaction score
Hi!

We are doing a remodel upstairs and need to arrange a "temporary" (read 6 months) laundry room in the lower level (still above grade garage).

The water supply was easy - tapped into existing hot/cold from a nearby utility sink. The drain is a little more challenging, but not bad. I intend to vent the drain line between the trap and where it will tie into an existing nearby 2" sink drain on the way to the stack. Plan on a 1.5" vent. Conveniently (maybe) there is an existing opening in the ceiling of the same room, a 4" sheet metal vent for an old water heater that is no longer used. It runs to the roof, is weather capped and is unobstructed visually. Nothing else ties into it anywhere. Can I vent into that? Certainly would be the most convenient choice if that's an option.

Thanks in advance!

Barry

Reach4

Reaction score
Even those who don't like AAVs would probably like one for a temporary laundry room.

But even easier, why not drain the washer into the sink? You can get an extension for the washer drain hose.

Brayburn

Reaction score
Thought about an AAV but certainly they don't get much love here! Would be the easiest by far.

Unfortunately the sink is on the other side of a cinder block wall, and will be the primary "kitchen" sink for cooking / cleanup, etc. so not ideal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks