Shower/tub valve question

Users who are viewing this thread

Dimitris Kamarinos

Reaction score
Hi there. My girlfriend has found a tub filler she likes that is wall mounted. An issue we’ve run into is that she also would like a hand faucet for the tub, and the valve that comes with the tub faucet she picked out is supposedly adjoined to the faucet, not allowing for a diverter to be used. Does anyone know how we can get around this if in fact the rough in valve is adjoined to the faucet? Can we for example put another rough in valve up stream that could service two separate rough ins downstream?

Here is the wall mounted tub faucet we want to use:

https://www.signaturehardware.com/lavelle-wall-mount-tub-faucet-with-waterfall-spout.html

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
As long as the mixing valve and the outlet are not one single rough in body, You can install a diverter valve in between the waterfall tub spout and the shower mixing valve that diverts flow to a handheld.

I looked up the specifications and the installation instructions, which are inconclusive to say whether the tub spout mounts separately from the mixing valve body. I sort of see where the spec sheet might show them separate, but... I would call Signature Hardware and verify..

They're now owned by Ferguson which I'm not sure whether that has improved their quality.. I've installed a few SH products and while sometimes I've been leery about the feel of the quality, I've never had to warranty any of the products.