Retrofit Push to connect fittings.

Users who are viewing this thread

HemiMoparGuy1981

Reaction score
I don't do a ton of plumbing, but enough that I've been having this issue...Every time I try to retrofit shark bites or other brands, the O-ring gets messed up during install, because neither side of the cut pipe has much movement. Is there a union or something that I can use in these situations?

Reach4

Reaction score
Those slip Sharkbites are for copper or CPVC.

Not for PEX.

HemiMoparGuy1981

Reaction score
Those slip Sharkbites are for copper or CPVC.

Not for PEX.
Makes sense they are for copper...pex is probably flexible enough it isn't an issue in the same way...plus I didn't specify, but every time I experienced the issue was with copper.

HemiMoparGuy1981

Reaction score
they probably make one but I have not seen one yet..

they do make a slip trhough sharkbite adaptor coupling which is about5 inches in length
So that slip joint would do the same thing I need as a union, right? Seems like it...Cut out a chunk of pipe, slide slip joint on, cut out another chunk put valve in, then a piece out the other side of valve, cut scrap to length to fit, slide slip coupling to connect to the in between scrap chunk??

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks