Plumbing Design Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Hellobob123

Reaction score
I'm looking for a little help with a bathroom plumbing design. My main concern are the two sections highlighted in yellow. In the code, it mentions, " every dry vent shall rise vertically to a point not less than 6 inches above the flood level rim of the highest trap or trapped fixture being vented.... Horizontal vent pipes forming branch vents, relief vents or loop vents shall be located not less than 6 inches above the flood level rim of the highest fixture served." The two highlighted yellow sections are vents but these sections are not the branching sections of the vent pipe. Am I okay having a horizontal venting section of pipe below the flood level if this horizontal section of pipe is not a branching section? Any other comments are appreciated.

Plumbing.jpg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
eliminate yellow section at w/c and the lav will be a horizontal wet vent with no other change.
For the shower run the drain over to wall where the vent is put a 2 inch long sweep a 2x1 1/2 x2 san tee drill one joist for the trap arm and continue vent straight up as shown.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks