Old Price Pfister Avante Shower Handle

Users who are viewing this thread

HankTD

Reaction score
I came across the Terry Love Forums while doing a Google image search of the handle of my old Price Pfister push-pull shower handle. Back in 2012, you answered someone who sent you an image of her shower handle, and it matches the one in my shower. It has a slow drip, and I'm pretty sure I need to replace the valve, and I would bet good money that there is a screw holding this handle in place, but I'll be darned if I can't figure out how to get to it. I was assuming it was underneath the chrome piece in front, but I don't seem to be able to pry it off the chrome cap. Am I barking up the wrong tree; is there another way that this handle comes off? Any help would be much appreciated.

Bathroom shower nob.jpg

Aeolus

Reaction score
Hi, thank you for posting the picture of your shower handle here. I have the same one and trying to figure out the exact series and model number. Unfortunately the handle came off completely after managing to put it back several times. Do you happen to know the series? Is it part of "Pfirst Series 1-Handle Tub and Shower Trim"? Do you happen to know the model number details for this round handle trim?
Also, based on the technical drawing I am guessing valve part # is 974-292, which I found as the following from the manufacturer website:
Just wanted to confirm the valve part number also.

Thanks in advance.
Aytek

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks