Users who are viewing this thread

1000 Clowns

Reaction score
How do we handle this?

Zp47GHy.jpg

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
pH, iron, turbidity, co2... all should be addressed. The real question is what quality of water do you want and what is your budget and ability to maintain equipment? Are you a DIY'r? Or are you needing someone to do the work? A simple solution that is marginally effective may be fairly cheap. Proper treatment will obviously be a bit more expensive. Some people want to fix their water for under $100, this is simply not going to happen. Others have a huge budget and love toys, the best of everything and they want near perfect water.

1000 Clowns

Reaction score
Thanks for the response.

We want good water and have a fair amount of plumbing and well experience. We expect to be able to maintain the equipment. Money is available for whatever is needed, within reason.

That said... What are the options? Can the iron be removed w/o addressing the pH ?

How can the pH be raised? Soda ash injection?

pH, iron, turbidity, co2... all should be addressed. The real question is what quality of water do you want and what is your budget and ability to maintain equipment? Are you a DIY'r? Or are you needing someone to do the work? A simple solution that is marginally effective may be fairly cheap. Proper treatment will obviously be a bit more expensive. Some people want to fix their water for under $100, this is simply not going to happen. Others have a huge budget and love toys, the best of everything and they want near perfect water.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Iron reduction without adjusting pH... not likely unless you use a softener, not really ideal. Raising the pH and reducing the Co2 with calcite, removing the iron with an iron reduction system, and possibly softening the water... Sorry but I have just finished a 15 hour work day and I am running out the door to play a hockey game.. I will try to revisit this one tomorrow with a better answer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks