New well advice

Users who are viewing this thread

bbrain

Reaction score
Hello,

We are renovating our family home on a well, the first contractors pulled out all our filtration equipment and recommended the well be redrilled due to pump failure, so we are starting fresh.

Our untreated results are

pH 7.5
ALK 331
T Iron 6.9
(ferrous 5.5) (ferric 1.4)
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Copper 0
Hardness is at 25

We were recommended by Leaf Home Water Solutions a $15k system then went down to $9k within 5 minutes

Culligan recommended Aquasential Filter Select Plus Series Iron OX5 Indoor 10"x54" with Gray Softener HE Indoor Downflow 9"x48" for $6.4k

Local company is asking $6.2k for Hellenbrand Promate 6.0-IC 2.0 Iron Curtain (Dual tank Birm i think) and a Promate 7.0 Dual Tank Softener

Contractor is recommending I purchase pre filter and single tank catalytic carbon fleck AIO with single tank fleck water softener with install would be about $2500

We are currently a family of 4 with no plans of growing soon but will have our parents visiting for extended periods from time to time, our house is 3 bath 3 bedroom.
I feel the Culligan is similar to the system my contractor recommends for the same price as the possibly overpowered Hellenbrand.

Lab lost first sample of bacteria and new one going out on Monday, neither of the three companies seemed to think or say if there was iron bacteria or not.

Any thoughts, recommendations, information I should collect, or advice of how to proceed would be appreciated.. thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks