Navilink Lite & NPE 240A

Users who are viewing this thread

bobryan

Reaction score
I have a Navien NPE 240A about 3 years old and decided I'd like to try Navilink Lite for better control. Connected the Navilink Lite unit and WiFi is showing steady blue light and com lite is steady red. The problem is that the app is showing "no products are connected to navilink". Am I missing something?

GReynolds929

Reaction score
I have a Navien NPE 240A about 3 years old and decided I'd like to try Navilink Lite for better control. Connected the Navilink Lite unit and WiFi is showing steady blue light and com lite is steady red. The problem is that the app is showing "no products are connected to navilink". Am I missing something?
The instructions indicate that there are parameters that need to be set for it to be recognized. Specially on page 12, p.18 needs to be set to on. Has this been done?

estripem

Reaction score
I followed the setup. Made sure everything is per the manual and I get the same error: "no products are connected to navilink"

I finally found this video. https://www.y outube.com/watch?v=zdiKdqUvCPQ. Used the default password, and it works great.

Last edited:

bennecc

Reaction score
@bobryan Can you confirm that you are using the Navilink Lite (not the regular Navilink) with a NPE 240-A (and not the NPE 240-A2) ?

I was interested in the Navilink Lite with my NPE 240-A but when I chatted with Navien they told me that I would need the regular Navilink at more than 2x the cost of the Navilink Lite.

Mark Cam

Reaction score
The Navilink Lite can be used with the NPE-A series heaters, in my case a NPE-210A. Navilink is plug and play for the NPE-A2 but there are a couple of parts required to make it work with NPE-A models. This is not a hack it is a factory part conversion. However it will not make an A into a A2, but it will interface the Navilink to the A. You will need to replace the front control panel and the PCB. They are available in a kit or separately:

Navien 30008333D Navilink Front Panel for NPE Series​

Navien 30011690D PCB Control Board KDC330-6M for NPE and NCB Series​

Kit:

Navien 30017405A Navi-Link Kit for NPE Series​

And needed for either installation:

Navien PBCM-AS-002 Navi-Link Lite Wi-Fi System​

The new control panel looks and functions just about like the old one and installing these parts will not change how the NPE functions even without using the Navilink. Installing the PCB and control panel was not difficult, the PCB looks intimidating but comes out relatively easily. There are a bunch of multi pin connectors on the PCB but the corresponding connectors are all unique and they will only fit in the correct plug. Kind of like a puzzle. There are 2 additional multi pin sockets on the new PCB that are not used, I don't know what they are for. There are DIP switches on the PCB, set them exactly how they are set on the old PCB. The switches configure your specific model. The Navilink plugs into the side of the front control panel. You must configure through the front panel setting for the Navilink. You can find the instructions in the complete Navilink installation manual on the Navien web site.
"You can configure the NaviLink connection setting mode from the front panel of Navien NPE and NPN water heaters connected to the NaviLink.
1) On the front panel, press the Power button to turn off the water heater.
2) Enter the R&D information menu by pressing the Up (+) button three times, the Down (-) button three times, and then the Up (+) button four more times.
3) Use the Up (+) or Down (-) buttons to move to “2.PAR” (Parameter information mode), and then press the Info button. Display Description Technical information Parameter information.
4) In the Parameter information time mode, use the Up (+) or Down (-) buttons to select “P.18.” Then, press the Info button to enter the NaviLink connection setting mode.
5) In the NaviLink connection setting mode, use the Up (+) or Down (-) buttons to change the value and press the Info button to set to the desired mode. "On" is for Navilink on."

The Navilink app was very easy to install and pair with the unit and WiFi.
There is not a lot of info about this out there so I hope it helps someone who wants Navilink features on the NPE A series heaters. Just found this on PCB settings:
1707932868360.png

Last edited:

Bannerman

Reaction score
there are a couple of parts required to make it work with NPE-2 models. This is not a hack it is a factory part conversion. However it will not make an A into a A2, but it will interface the Navilink to the A.
Thank you for your contribution, but perhaps "NPE-2" needs correction.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks