Mixet, What shower control is this?

Users who are viewing this thread

3h4life

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I need help identifying what aged shower control this is so I can replace it. It's approximately 20 years old and the only identifying mark I can see says "SP" at the bottom of the trim plate.

And how would I remove this valve? There's like a nut screw around the valve stem, but it's very little to grab on to with a wrench. I already tried twisting it with my wrench and it's shaving off metal.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_6332.jpg
    IMG_6332.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_6333.jpg
    IMG_6333.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_6334.jpg
    IMG_6334.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_6350.jpg
    IMG_6350.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_6351.jpg
    IMG_6351.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_6352.jpg
    IMG_6352.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 201

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
It's hard to rotate because of corrosion build up. You can try some penetrating oil, if you can reach inside, or WD40, let it sit a little and soak in.
What do you use to pry it? - you may need a better and heavier plumber's wrench for better grip and torque. JUST DON'T BEND THE FAUCET BODY OR THE SUPPLY PIPES.
Last resort: replace the faucet.

3h4life

Reaction score
Thank you. Yes, this looks to be the Mixet. I must have the longer stem because I bought this trim kit and the temperature control handle couldn't go all the way back to properly sit on the stem.

Is there another brand that is compatible with my Mixet rough-in that offers a more modern design such as a levered control?

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Try getting a Mixet (call customer service, you might get one on the house).
Danco makes after market parts also. I replaced one like this B.C (before covid).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks