Kohler Reach Toilet 1.28 GPF One Piece Elongated Chair Height

Users who are viewing this thread

isonychia

Reaction score
We are remodeling our bathroom and trying to find a toilet.
We saw this Kohler Reach Toilet 1.28 GPF One Piece Elongated Chair Height at a local store.
We like the look of the toilet but I don't know how it performs. I tried searching for reviews
but there aren't many.

Besides just, hoping for the best, any thoughts on the model? How would I go about reviewing the specs to determine if it
may have cons etc.

I don't want to put form before function.
I suggested we look at Toto as they get good reviews but my wife saw this one and liked the look over
others.

Thanks,
iso

isonychia

Reaction score
Any thoughts?

Is it being a Kohler a safe bet it will function well.

Cgalloway

Reaction score
This reply is probably too late for you but I'll make it for the purposes of helping others.

Beware: the Reach one-piece line (and other Kohler one-piece toilets such as the Ove line) have a design flaw that derives from the fact that Kohler sees them as works of art, with no regard for functionality. In their commitment to sleekness, they have designed it so that the water supply hose attaches to the inlet valve only via access to the rear of the unit, which is then installed flush with the wall. The result is that when you need to replace the inlet valve (after, say, 10 years), you must uninstall the entire toilet from your sewage system to swap out the unit. Replacement of the valve should be straightforward, but Kohler have made it a major undertaking that will probably require a plumber to disinstall the unit, swap out the valve, then reconnect to the sewage system. I would never have bought my toilet had I known this in advance.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks