Is this branch drain correct and what is this cap on my vent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Rocknroj

Reaction score
The pictures show a drain line from a lav.. pitch is perfect on the horizontal for just under 5 '. then it makes a downward bend to the horizontal drain. It uses a short elbow, a few inches of pipe and a sideways sanitary 'T'. From what I read a sanitary 't' is not the correct fitting on the horizontal. The drain serves 2 lavs from 2 separate 1/4 baths. I am not sure how/if they are vented .

Would the sharp change in pitch cause siphoning? Is the San 'T' legal?, what about the sharp turn 90.
van1.JPG
van2.JPG
vent_cap1.JPG
vent_cap2.JPG

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
Doesn't look like a Sanitary Tee to me, more like a Combo (Wye+ 45* bend). Long-turn 90 is
technically required, but I doubt it will cause any problem with just lav drainage. There's
nothing wrong with that change of pitch. None of
that stuff will cause/promote trap siphonage, but lack of venting surely would.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks