Help... Sewer pipe extension... (through concrete)

Users who are viewing this thread

Shrekpower

Reaction score
Good day everyone,

I'd like to extend my sewer line to my new garage in the back of my house. I'm about to do the plumbing and drill a core hole in the foundation wall and I was wondering what would be the "best" way to connect everything so i don't screw this up. By looking at the pictures and the "new setup", is this a good way to connect everything? What would you do? I wanted to drill a hole aligned with the pipe and add a TEE WYE directly in the main line, but a plumber said to me that I need to make some room to work with it and instead to drill a hole next to it. So knowing that, I started thinking about ways to make it work like so. I live in Montreal Canada so it's cold over here. I plan to put water line too so any suggestion as to where to put it in is greatly appreciated... I know it must be very deep (5 feet) but where would you recommend to put the sleeve for the water line?

At the moment, the actual setup is a ABS 3 inch pipe, I'll need to cut install a 45 degree in the main drain and then pass the sewer pipe in the concrete wall. I plan on using a sleeve for the water line and the sewer pipe too.

Any suggestion is greatly welcome. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks in adavance!!

planned sewer line.png

garage.PNG

garage2.png

garage 3.jpg

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't have an answer for you, but a question: why bring the other building's sewer into the first building, instead of joining the two sewers outside both buildings?

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks