Fleck 5810 valve assembly

Users who are viewing this thread

ThomasT

Reaction score
I wonder how exactly should the power head retaining plate be locked into the right position. As shown in the 2nd image with two arrows, should the bottom of the retaining plate covers the top ring pointed by the bottom-up arrow? Or, the placement in the image is fine?!

One thing I noticed is that if the retaining plate covers the ring, there will be a gap as pointed by the arrow shown in the 1st image.

I've watched dittohead's rebuild video, but am still not very sure how should the retaining be locked. If the retaining plate is not placed properly, it would cause misalignment and so the two screws that locked the power head can't be tightened. Or, the rod of the piston valve seems not straight (or the power head is not upright).

Could someone provide some guide? Thank you!
IMG_20211007_224549547.jpg
IMG_20211007_224621724.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
I have a piece that fills the gap that you point to. That may be the mounting plate that just has not settled down on yours. Or maybe yours is mis-oriented.
img_1a.jpg

Last edited:

ThomasT

Reaction score
Thanks. I tried again today and was able to lock the plate into the right position. It's kind of tricky to me.
Since the water softener has been idling for a few months, is it normal to see yellowish water coming out of the water?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
If the softener has been idle for a few months, yes.. it will likely be yellow. Run the system through a regeneration after adding a couple tablespoons of bleach in the brine tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks