Drainage problem only in one bathroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Genamarie

Reaction score
I'm new to forum posting so sorry in advance if this is jumbled. We have a bathroom on each side of the house, and the one furthest away from our Septic Tank is having drainage issues. The toilet has been "slow" flushing for a little while now, but the past week or two, at least a couple times a day, the water will not go down at all. When this happens the shower will not drain either, and if you plunge the toilet it backs up into the shower and the water starts to drain. I'm not sure it makes a difference but we also have very hard water. I'm trying to avoid a plumber if we can because in our small town they charge A LOT.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You appear to have a stoppage between the two baths, and if the original installers did not think that could happen it can be difficult to unstop. Usually NOT a diy job. IT has nothing to do with the hard water.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Start with the toilet itself.
Remove the toilet and take it out to the yard. Place it on top of two bricks. Flush it good with a garden hose and see what comes out, if any. The bricks will let the water out.
Tell us what you found out.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Like hj mentioned, it's a backup in the line between the two bathrooms. You will need to bring in someone and have that section of pipe snaked.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks