Corian bathroom sink - overflow adapter leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Terrence Evans

Reaction score
Hi all -
I'm a first timer to this forum and looking for a little advice. Also, a DIY'er and bit of a novice.

I have a 20 year old Corian counter/sink in the bathroom that has developed a leak in the adapter that goes between the bottom of the drain and the pop up assembly. This adapter also has the connection for the overflow drain and tube. You can see the crack in the first photo.

Will anything be able to fix that leak?...currently trying a few coats of Flex Seal spray but that isn't looking like it will be effective. Would part Epoxy work instead?

If i can't stop the leak....any advice on where to buy a new adapter? And is that the right name for the part if i start calling around? I want to make sure people know what the heck i am talking about.

Another idea I had and would welcome your thoughts....could I get rid of the adapter altogether? I would have to attach the pop up assembly directly to the sink and then replace the drain pipe (second picture) with a drain pipe that has a connection for a drain tube (i would then re-route the drain tube from the overflow drain down to this new connection).

Am i on the right track? Is that possible?

Thanks to any and all thoughts people have.

IMG_2343.jpg
IMG_2363.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Where is the leak? On the top or underside of that big black seal, coming down threads, or what?

Terrence Evans

Reaction score
It is coming from above that seal.

To ensure the seal is tight, yesterday I installed a brand new pop up drain assembly. The part that i did not replace is the adapter (white piece) that goes between the seal and the sink itself.

That is when i noticed that that piece has a crack in the side.

Hoke Pollock

Reaction score
Terrence - did you find a replacement part?

I have the exact same issue and need to replace it.

I have a Corian Model 810-8 (c.1995) .The overflow adapter (“OA”) originally installed was not broken but I needed to replace the pop up drain on the sink. (Newer sinks have the overflow collection and delivery system built in to the sink–not a separate OA) . I could not find a replacement part for the OA. (the advertised replacement OA’s from boat outfitters said they fit Model 810 but the only one I could find was smaller and the hose did not fit the adapter at the sink overflow holes near the top of the sink basin.)

However, I successfully replaced the pop-up drain on two Corian Model 810-8 sinks by the following method.
A. Remove overflow adapter (“OA”) (It has three parts: (1.) the plastic “ring” that fits just underneath the hole in basin of the sink (remember which side of the ring goes up and which side goes down , for when it’s time to reinstall it ) , (2.) a flexible connector hose, and (3.) the plastic overflow “collector”, attached with glue to the undersurface of the overflow holes near the upper rim of the sink basin.
B. Clean OA ring thoroughly, including removing factory applied gasket. Apply silicone on both the upper and lower surfaces of the OA ring just before you reinstall the ring– (IMPORTANT–Corian representative advice–let the silicone sealant CURE FOR SEVEN DAYS before water test.)
C. clean old glue from “collector”. Apply silicone to the edges of the collector before reapplying it to the overflow holes area .(You may need to use wooden wedges and or glue to hold the collector to the basin and/or vanity cabinet). Let the silicone sealant cure for 7 days .
D. Reattach the flexible hose to the ring and to the collector only after waiting the full seven days for the silicone to cure