Best primary sump pump and best battery backup

Users who are viewing this thread

Jmcnam

Reaction score
Looking for unbiased input on best sump pump and battery backup available? So far I have someone telling me nexgen pumps our the best thing going? Anyone think differently or know of any drawbacks of them?

Thanks
Jim

Taylorjm

Reaction score
I personally never heard of nexgen, I think most plumbers I know recommend zoeller. Also have not used the battery backup pumps before, always had city water and used the water powered backup pumps. The battery ones seem to always have maintenance issues.

Jmcnam

Reaction score
Thanks. We are on a well, so water backup is not an option. I have read/heard that zoellers occasionally have a problem with air locking. Apparently nexgen are only easily available on Ohio/Michigan at current

Reach4

Reaction score
The directions on the Zoeller will tell how to drill a small hole in the pipe to prevent air locking. That hole is a normal part of an install. Some use an effluent pump, that may be built more ruggedly than a sump pump.

For the backup pump, you might consider Watchdog pump, battery, and controller/charger system.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score

Attachments

• CHRIST.jpg
    CHRIST.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 243
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks