Bathtub faucet leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

JoeMama

Reaction score
Hello, ladies and gentlemen. I have a problem with my bathtub faucet, which is not marked with a brand name. My Homer Simpson philosophy of ignoring a slow drip (every five to ten seconds) brings us to the present, where the drip is now constant (perhaps 2-4 gallons a day). After researching the problem, I have decided--and please forgive my terminology--that the issue is not the shower diverter (the thing you pull to send water from the shower head). No water comes out of the bathtub faucet when the shower is engaged.

I took a picture and ran it through Google Image Search in an attempt to identify the brand in question but had no luck. I have attached said image here and hope that someone could please tell me: 1) What brand is installed? and 2) Is there something I can do on my own to stop the leak?

I thank you all in advance for reading and for any information you may be able to provide. Cheers!
shower_faucet.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
After a shower, the tub spout may drip for up to 35 minutes. If it doesn't stop, then the shower valve needs parts. It's not the spout that is the problem.