Basement underground and vent plans for 2 baths and kitchen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Thekid1

Reaction score
Hello all. I know there are numerous ways to pipe and vent this, but this is what I have and paid for, so I would appreciate if we don't veer off course too much, but rather build from what is here. I am here because I want to know if there are any errors or concerns with this plan before I start digging or paying a professional to do so, because I don't want to eff this up.

- Purple = 3"
- Orange = 2"
- Green = 1.5"
- Solid colors are drains
- Dotted colors are vents

1) Will this vent plan work well as is?
2) Will this drain plan work well as is?
3) I have a concern about the two double 3" wyes. I know that a double wye fitting for back to back toilets are a no no, but in this case, is it ok since they are piped very differently?
4) In regard to the right-hand bath shower vent. The underground 2" tee for its vent is on its back looking up and the plan is to street 90 out the top and make my way over to the wall and then up again. I heard you can't go horizontal with a vent until above flood level rim, but plumber says not true in this case. Is this correct? If not, is it really the end of the world to leave it this way?

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• Revised 329.pdf
    370 KB · Views: 32

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I recommend instead of double wyes that one wye after another, that way you can get pitch properly for each branch. Never use double wyes in horizontal plane.
Put cleanouts on runs over 5'
Toilets must have 2" vent. any other vents 1.5"
I ONLY do ejector pumps as Liberty Pro duplex. Come pre-plumbed with alarm and NEMA 4 box in package. Never use ejector system with only one pump.
You can go horiz with a vent below flood rim IF drainage fittings are used (UPC)
Vents cannot use a tee on its back. Must use a combo on its back.

Thekid1

Reaction score
I recommend instead of double wyes that one wye after another, that way you can get pitch properly for each branch. Never use double wyes in horizontal plane.
Put cleanouts on runs over 5'
Toilets must have 2" vent. any other vents 1.5"
I ONLY do ejector pumps as Liberty Pro duplex. Come pre-plumbed with alarm and NEMA 4 box in package. Never use ejector system with only one pump.
You can go horiz with a vent below flood rim IF drainage fittings are used (UPC)
Vents cannot use a tee on its back. Must use a combo on its back.
I appreciate that advice. It's good to know not too much needs to be changed. However, I have a few questions.

1) So when you say you "can" go horizontal below flood level rim when "drainage fittings" are used, are you referring to the combo fitting that you just mentioned as being a drainage fitting?
2) If so, is it ok if I simply place the combo fitting on its back and angle it on a 45° angle and put another 45° street in there to make my way to the wall?
3) For the left-hand shower, is using a regular tee on its back in this situation ok because the vent goes straight up, or does this still need a combo here?
4) I'm confused on the cleanouts you mentioned. Where would these usually be located since all this will be re-slabbed?

Thank you for clearing this up. I feel this is finally coming to a head where I can get started.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks