Basement bath: Can I tie a wet bar sink into bathroom vanity drain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ben Y

Reaction score
I've seen similar questions asked, but there seem to be enough variables that I'd like to ask here to be sure. See attached photos. I have a basement bath roughed in, it is wet vented. The vanity is the most downstream fixture. On the other side of the bathroom wall, I'd like to put a bar sink, and I'd like to run the drain line through the wall, through the bath vanity cabinet, and tie it into the vanity drain line.

Is this permitted? If so, is there a maximum distance between the two sinks and/or a minimum height for the bar sink above the bathroom sink? Do I have to vent the bar sink separately, and if so, can I use a studor vent? I am in Indiana.

I don't want to do this badly enough to dig into the concrete floor to access the drain line, so if there is no good solution, I'd rather just forget about it. However, if there IS a good solution, now is the time to do it.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
wet bar.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks