American Standard Low-Flo Toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

Tomule

Reaction score
About a year ago I installed two American Standard low-flo toilets in my house. About two months after they were installed, the main drain backed up in the basement. I had a plumber out and he cleared the “soft clog” in the main drain. About two months later it happened Again. I asked the plumber if it could be a problem with the toilets. He said it could be. Just be sure to flush the toilet completely. Making sure all the water empties the tank. And of course about three months later, it happened again. This time the clog went down before the plumber got there. We ran a lot of water down the drain and it was good So the plumb left without snaking the drain. A couple days ago it happened again. This time I took a plunger to the floor drain in the basement. After a couple of plunges the water drained. It has been fine since.
The toilets are model 2961A104SC.020 I“m not sure if it’s a plumbing problem or a problem with the toilets.
in the twenty years that we lived here, we never had a problem with the plumbing until we changed the toilets.
Thanks in advance for any advice on this.
Tom

GReynolds929

Reaction score
Has the drain been videoed? That will tell you if it's a pipe issue or not.

Reach4

Reaction score
Have you had your septic tank pumped?

If the problem is the toilets, a closet auger should be able to clear thing to an extent. If the problem is beyond what a closet auger can reach, the problem is not the toilet.

If sewer, maybe get that cleaned again with a bigger machine, and a camera looking for the problem.

For DIY clearing, try a 5 gallon or bigger container with water. Pour into the bowl from as high as you reasonably can and as fast as you dare. The hope is that the deluge moves things along.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks