Adding a new toilet drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Desta804

Reaction score
Hello,

I am moving a toilet to the other side of the main stack and wanted confirmation on what is the right/best way (to code) to do it. At the old toilet space a tub drain will be placed. Here is a photo of current plumbing.

The stack in 4 inches. On the right there is a santee where the old toilet entered.
On the left is 3 inch drain (that comes from shower and laundry that Wye in the main stack below the old toilet drain.

The question is: Should the santee be replaced by a double tee for new toilet on the other side and on this side be used for the tub drain?

Or is it best to cut out the top elbow going into the Wye and use that entry point for the new toilet drain? This would lead to the cut drain being wye’d into the santee on the right and picking up the new tub drain as well. Thoughts, advice, questions are welcomed. Thanks in advance!

[share.icloud.com]

bbd23.jpg

dwv_b1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Cut off san tee put new santee pointed opposite way for W/C, on top of the WC santee put a 3x3x 1 1/2 san tee for tub on the top of santee I don't know if you are going up and out roof with a 3 inch vent or what you've got

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks