45 or 90 before P Trap

Users who are viewing this thread

CtZ88

Reaction score
Hello all. I had my plumbing completely replaced by a pro. However, one of the showers wasn’t ready (drain placement was undecided still) so he roughed in everything except for the p trap and arm. I plan on finishing that off myself and it will be a linear drain against an exterior wall. So the drain is right above a foundation wall. With that being said, is it better to do 2 45s into the trap or 2 90s? See attached image.

Attachments

• IMG_1179.jpeg
    IMG_1179.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 33

Reach4

Reaction score
All things being equal, 45s are generally better. Will this trap remain accessible, or will it be covered up by a drywall ceiling?

Reach4

Reaction score
That accessibility brings up the possibility of using a slip joint trap. And that also brings up the possibility of using a "double offset".

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Keeney-1-1-2-in-Plastic-Slip-Joint-Double-Off-set/1000383333 may be too long and may not have enough offset to fit your needs.

Often it is good to get a double offset, and cut it to give you a pair of slip-joint "street" 45s, and that could be potentially useful to you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks