Which PVC?

Users who are viewing this thread

doktrred

Reaction score
Which "schedule" PVC would ya'll recommend for a burried run to and from an above ground water storage tank/cistern? It would be from the well to the storage tank, then from storage tank to a pressure tank then to the house. I think the inlet is 1 1/2" and the outlet is 2". Not sure if I am going to go with a jet pump or an in tank sub. pump yet. The pump,(if I go with a jet pump), would be out at the tank not inside the house, so noise shouldn't be big problem.

Pumpman

Pump Sales
Reaction score
Sched. 40 pvc should be sufficient. The pressure ratings are high enough to handle what you want to do.
You didn't mention the distances the lines would run, so be sure to use pipe sized big enough to minimize friction losses.
Ron

doktrred

Reaction score
Thanks, I haven't decided exactly where I'm going to put the tank yet, but probably within 200-250 ft of the house. Actually, I'm thinking about filling the tank from 2 wells ( the existing well has temporarrily run "dry" once this summer, so we drilled another well and only got 1 GPM !!!!). We WERE in the process of building a new house on this property, when the existing well started showing signs of not being able to supply enough water, the building plans are on indefinate hold at this time. I wanted to use both wells and a storage tank to see if over a few months period of time, if we had enough water to live on, if not I'll probably sell the land and look elsewhere. We are in the middle of a drought here in central Texas. Any suggestions as to pump size and or PVC size for those distances?
Thanks,
Mike

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks