What creates the seal on this Kohler 73151-A hose at the Tee

Users who are viewing this thread

Merry Widow

Reaction score
Hello,
My newly installed Kohler replacement hose , part # 73151-A below, connecting the Valve Body to the Tee is dripping. Can anyone PLEASE tell me what creates the seal at the Tee? The only washer I can see is at the valve body end. No leaks there. I cannot visually see a washer on the end that connects to the tee.

I do not want to ruin the hose end by too much tightening. Sorry if this question is too basic. Do not want to pay for a service call for just one hose. My late husband always used to handle the plumbing projects.

Kohler Hose Faucet Schematic.jpg

Merry Widow

Reaction score
Normally, it is either a ground joint or the gasket is sealed inside the "nut" on the end.
Thank you for taking the time to reply. Maybe I just have to tighten the fitting at the tee where it is dripping. Unfortunately I have never heard of the term "ground joint." I was hoping it might be some type of compression fitting that I can't see and that I need to just tighten more. I do know how a compression fitting works and can somewhat understand it.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That has an O-Ring that seals. It's shown in the picture, but not shown where it belongs. It fits over the end of the supply line.

73151-a.jpg

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think the OP is asking about the other end, she says "The only washer I can see is at the valve body end. No leaks there."

Cheers, Wayne

73151-a-end.jpg

Merry Widow

Reaction score
I think the OP is asking about the other end, she says "The only washer I can see is at the valve body end. No leaks there."

Cheers, Wayne

73151-a-end.jpg
Sorry, these replies went into my JUNK folder. You are correct Wayne -- I am wondering what creates the seal on the end you have pictured above; that ends connects to the TEE. The hose I removed had a split in the fitting, maybe from being over tightened. I do not want to ruin the new hose.
Thank you for taking the time to reply.