"TubShroom" into new tub drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Jetboy55

Reaction score
I am purchasing a new T-Waste tub drain assembly. I want to use a "TubShroom" or something similar in the tub drain to catch my wife's hair, rarely will we use a stopper for a bath. If I buy one of the t-waste kits with a toe-touch drain, will I be able to remove the toe-touch portion and insert the "TubShroom"? I don't have much experience with tub drains and the like, but it seems the toe-touch stopper threads into the drain cross support and I can unfasten and remove it, is that right?
Also, from your experiences, is there a t-waste tub drain assembly that includes a strainer for catching hair that is easily cleanable (like the TubShroom) that I should get instead? I am using flat black trim in my bathroom, so black is preferable.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yeah, my GF has one of those in her tub and it works great. Any of the shoe drains that has a threaded body with the T cross at the bottom will work.

Weekend Handyman

Reaction score
Tub shroom is great. When I did the upstairs bathroom, I bought the wife one of those and a cheap rubber plug. Rubber plug sits nicely on the side of the tub with no risk of anyone nocking it in and chipping the tub.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks