Stiebel Eltron tankless heater Tempra Plus 36 issue

Users who are viewing this thread

TravisOKC

Reaction score
I have a tankless electric Stiebel Eltron Tempra Plus 36. It is probably 7 years old and have worked perfectly until yesterday afternoon. The unit had no power. The temp display was not lit up. I checked the circuit breaker and it had not been tripped. I did notice the pressure reset switch on one of the tanks, right side one, needed to be reset. When I pressed it the system powers up and produces hot water. The shower was able to be used for a normal shower, 10 minutes or so. The issue is that once the water is not in use the system shuts down after a few minutes of non use. I can keep resetting the thermal cut out but it just trips the reset again. I have taken out the flow sensor and it seem to be fine, I also looked at the screen on the inlet and there is no build up. I called a plumber and told him my issue he said he didnt work on these units and would just sell me a new system.

Is it possible or probable that all I need is a new safety thermal cut out for the one that keeps resetting?

any help is appreciated!

Thanks, Travis

Attachments

• tankless1.jpg
    tankless1.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 56

Fitter30

Reaction score
Have u ever cleaned it with vinegar and a pump? Yearly? Looked a couple of install manuals none of installation manuals don't write anything about mineral built up except in faucets. Heater is full minerals encapsulating the elements. Look at youtube cleaning a combi boiler.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks